Nevada County Claim to Fame
June 27, 2017
• Sunset Magazine featured Nevada City on their February, 2017, cover and named it the "Best Value" Town in the West. Additionally, in April, the magazine identified Inn Town Campground in Nevada City as one of their "55 best campgrounds in California, Hawaii, and Mexico."
• In March, 2017, Matador Network identified Nevada City as one of the "Coolest Towns" in the USA.
• California Gold Country, including Nevada City, was listed among the top 10 US travel destinations by Lonely Planet in 2012.
• Budget Travel voted Nevada City as #3 in their "America's Coolest Small Towns 2017" after awarding them the #6 spot in their 2014 version.
• Outside Magazine designated Nevada City as the No. 2 rated of the best "river cities" in America.
• Onlyinyourstate.com listed Nevada City as one of the 11 most Charming River Towns in Northern California in March, 2017
Recommended Stories For You
• Online magazine Niche listed Grass Valley as one of the top 50 towns to live in California in 2015.
• Golf Magazine chose DarkHorse Golf Course as one of its Top 10 You Can Play in America and the course was voted No. 1 in the Sierra Nevada by the Western Golf Alliance.
• Nevada City is featured prominently in the travel guidebook "The Great Towns of Northern California; The Guide to the Best Getaways for a Vacation or a Lifetime" by David Vokac.
• World renowned travel guide Frommers listed Nevada City as one of the Best Small Towns and Villages in America.
• The readers of San Francisco Gate chose Nevada City among their 20 must-see small towns in California in 2013.
• The Nevada County Fairgrounds has been proclaimed by the California Legislature as "California's Most Beautiful Fairgrounds.”
• The Nevada City Film Festival (NCFF) was recognized by Moviemaker Magazine as one of the top "50 Film Festivals Worth the Entry Fee" in April 2016.
• The Nevada County Fair has been hailed by the Los Angeles Times as "one of the top 10 county fairs in the United States."
Trending In: Visitor
- Woman rescued at South Yuba River
- Business owner ends up homeless in Nevada County; Local benefactor offers matching donations
- Online issue emerges in Nevada County sheriff’s race
- UPDATE: Highway 20 at Harmony Ridge reopened following traffic collision
- Grass Valley police make 3rd indecent exposure arrest this month