Fire leads to explosion of propane tanks at Grass Valley home, officials say (VIDEO)
No one was injured in a Penstock Drive house fire that caused an explosion when the flames reached propane tanks on a back porch, fire officials said.
Firefighters responded around 7:15 a.m. to 509 Penstock Drive, off Brighton Street. They saw the fire had reached about 50 percent of the home, said Jim Smith, a battalion chief with the Nevada County Consolidated Fire District.
“All the occupants got out of the house before our arrival,” Smith added.
Video submitted by Jennifer Seim.
Check back for more on this story.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.