Body pulled from American River could be missing teen
May 31, 2017
AUBURN, Calif. — Authorities are trying to determine if a body pulled from the American River is that of a missing Sacramento area teen.
KCRA reports the body was discovered around 3:30 p.m. Monday near a pump station after people on shore saw a foot sticking out of the water.
A California Highway Patrol helicopter crew helped guide state parks officials in a boat to the body. Officials were not able to immediately identify the body.
The body was recovered three miles downstream from where 19-year-old Ray Cabalfin jumped from rocks following a hiking trip with friends on May 11.
Family members say the current was too strong for him to swim back to shore and he was carried away from his friends, according to their GoFundMe page.
— Associated Press
Trending In: Trending
- UPDATE: Authorities respond to report of bank robbery at Bank of the West in Grass Valley
- Nevada County authorities investigate first homicide of the year
- (VIDEO) Grass Valley police: Number of people detained, 1 shotgun found
- Only one dispensary for Nevada City
- UPDATE: Evacuees at fairgrounds need packaged and snack foods, blankets, food for small animals