Body pulled from American River could be missing teen
May 31, 2017
AUBURN, Calif. — Authorities are trying to determine if a body pulled from the American River is that of a missing Sacramento area teen.
KCRA reports the body was discovered around 3:30 p.m. Monday near a pump station after people on shore saw a foot sticking out of the water.
A California Highway Patrol helicopter crew helped guide state parks officials in a boat to the body. Officials were not able to immediately identify the body.
The body was recovered three miles downstream from where 19-year-old Ray Cabalfin jumped from rocks following a hiking trip with friends on May 11.
Family members say the current was too strong for him to swim back to shore and he was carried away from his friends, according to their GoFundMe page.
— Associated Press
Trending In: Trending
- Nevada County lion attack is instead an assault, victim in stable but critical condition
- Penn Valley man killed in solo crash on Highway 20
- Nevada City’s National Hotel re-opening delayed
- Nevada County missing man case: Signs of violent struggle found
- The silent killer hits home: Over 400 Americans die annually from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning (VIDEO)