Body pulled from American River could be missing teen
May 31, 2017
AUBURN, Calif. — Authorities are trying to determine if a body pulled from the American River is that of a missing Sacramento area teen.
KCRA reports the body was discovered around 3:30 p.m. Monday near a pump station after people on shore saw a foot sticking out of the water.
A California Highway Patrol helicopter crew helped guide state parks officials in a boat to the body. Officials were not able to immediately identify the body.
The body was recovered three miles downstream from where 19-year-old Ray Cabalfin jumped from rocks following a hiking trip with friends on May 11.
Family members say the current was too strong for him to swim back to shore and he was carried away from his friends, according to their GoFundMe page.
— Associated Press
Trending In: Trending
- Woman sentenced to 4 months in jail in Nevada County child abuse case
- Grocery delivery service set to launch in Nevada County
- Not all homeless people want help when it’s offered, Nevada County officials say
- San Francisco woman dies near Purdon Crossing, Nevada County coroner says
- California fires likely to make homeowners insurance harder to get