UPDATE: Authorities respond to report of bank robbery at Bank of the West in Grass Valley
February 12, 2018
Grass Valley police are searching for a suspect in the Monday afternoon robbery of the Bank of the West on Brunswick Road.
The suspect — a man 30 to 35 years old with a dark complexion and dark facial hair standing 5-foot-10 to 6-foot and weighing between 160 to 170 pounds — stepped inside the bank in the 400 block of Brunswick Road around 2:45 p.m. He then handed an employee a note demanding money, Capt. Steve Johnson said.
"He was provided that money and left on foot with an undisclosed amount of cash," Johnson added. "It's unknown whether he got into a car at this point."
No weapon was shown and there are no injuries, authorities said.
Sheriff Keith Royal said the suspect walked toward Old Tunnel Road.
The suspect wore a blue-hooded rain jacket, light-colored blue jeans and dark shoes. He also had a camouflage beanie cap, Johnson said.
The bank's doors remained locked immediately after the robbery. Signs on the doors referred customers to an Auburn location.
Recommended Stories For You
Anyone with information about the robbery should call 530-477-4600 and ask for the investigation unit.
To contact Staff Writer Alan Riquelmy, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4239.
Trending In: Trending
- Grass Valley’s Clint Walker, star of TV’s ‘Cheyenne,’ dies at age 91
- Nevada Union senior Hunter Vallejo donates to the hospital that saved his life as a baby
- Business owner ends up homeless in Nevada County; Local benefactor offers matching donations
- Highway 20 crash closes road above Nevada City
- Grass Valley police make 3rd indecent exposure arrest this month