UPDATE: Authorities respond to report of bank robbery at Bank of the West in Grass Valley
February 12, 2018
Grass Valley police are searching for a suspect in the Monday afternoon robbery of the Bank of the West on Brunswick Road.
The suspect — a man 30 to 35 years old with a dark complexion and dark facial hair standing 5-foot-10 to 6-foot and weighing between 160 to 170 pounds — stepped inside the bank in the 400 block of Brunswick Road around 2:45 p.m. He then handed an employee a note demanding money, Capt. Steve Johnson said.
"He was provided that money and left on foot with an undisclosed amount of cash," Johnson added. "It's unknown whether he got into a car at this point."
No weapon was shown and there are no injuries, authorities said.
Sheriff Keith Royal said the suspect walked toward Old Tunnel Road.
The suspect wore a blue-hooded rain jacket, light-colored blue jeans and dark shoes. He also had a camouflage beanie cap, Johnson said.
The bank's doors remained locked immediately after the robbery. Signs on the doors referred customers to an Auburn location.
Recommended Stories For You
Anyone with information about the robbery should call 530-477-4600 and ask for the investigation unit.
To contact Staff Writer Alan Riquelmy, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4239.
Trending In: Trending
- Woman sentenced to 4 months in jail in Nevada County child abuse case
- Grocery delivery service set to launch in Nevada County
- Not all homeless people want help when it’s offered, Nevada County officials say
- San Francisco woman dies near Purdon Crossing, Nevada County coroner says
- California fires likely to make homeowners insurance harder to get