Vegas Strip shut down with gunman on bus
March 25, 2017
LAS VEGAS — A gunman barricaded himself inside a bus Saturday along the Las Vegas Strip, prompting a partial closure of the busy boulevard, police said.
The standoff began after a shooting was reported on Las Vegas Boulevard in the heart of the Strip near the Cosmopolitan hotel-casino.
A hospital spokeswoman says one person has died.
University Medical Center spokeswoman Danita Cohen said two people were taken to the hospital after the Saturday shooting.
She said one person has died and the other is in fair condition.
Police say they do not believe there are any other suspects. No further information was available on the shooting.
Recommended Stories For You
Las Vegas Boulevard is closed between Flamingo Road and Harmon Avenue.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Nevada City’s Mardi Gras festivities cancelled
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- STORM WATCH: Road closures around Nevada County
- Nevada County lion attack is instead an assault, victim in stable but critical condition
- Agency: Deadly Tubbs Fire caused by homeowner equipment