Vegas Strip shut down with gunman on bus
March 25, 2017
LAS VEGAS — A gunman barricaded himself inside a bus Saturday along the Las Vegas Strip, prompting a partial closure of the busy boulevard, police said.
The standoff began after a shooting was reported on Las Vegas Boulevard in the heart of the Strip near the Cosmopolitan hotel-casino.
A hospital spokeswoman says one person has died.
University Medical Center spokeswoman Danita Cohen said two people were taken to the hospital after the Saturday shooting.
She said one person has died and the other is in fair condition.
Police say they do not believe there are any other suspects. No further information was available on the shooting.
Recommended Stories For You
Las Vegas Boulevard is closed between Flamingo Road and Harmon Avenue.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Sierra Nevada Medical Hospital sells outreach laboratory services to Quest Diagnostics, closes 1 lab
- BREAKING: Arrest made in homicide of Pamela Diane DeGrio
- Nevada County authorities identify remains found in November as Kurt Andrew Collins
- UPDATE: I-80 westbound traffic is moving, though it’s heavy in spots
- Grass Valley’s Clint Walker, star of TV’s ‘Cheyenne,’ dies at age 91
- No bystanders injured in wreck that led to death of Grass Valley driver
- 30-unit housing development proposed for Grass Valley
- State of the union: Grass Valley’s 151 Union Station to close its doors
- HEW property owner plans another run at development