Vegas Strip shut down with gunman on bus
March 25, 2017
LAS VEGAS — A gunman barricaded himself inside a bus Saturday along the Las Vegas Strip, prompting a partial closure of the busy boulevard, police said.
The standoff began after a shooting was reported on Las Vegas Boulevard in the heart of the Strip near the Cosmopolitan hotel-casino.
A hospital spokeswoman says one person has died.
University Medical Center spokeswoman Danita Cohen said two people were taken to the hospital after the Saturday shooting.
She said one person has died and the other is in fair condition.
Police say they do not believe there are any other suspects. No further information was available on the shooting.
Recommended Stories For You
Las Vegas Boulevard is closed between Flamingo Road and Harmon Avenue.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Nevada County authorities charge 71-year-old man with burglary
- Only one dispensary for Nevada City
- UPDATE: Two die in crash on Hwy. 20; Fatalities along stretch in last week-and-a-half reach six
- Former Nevada County prosecutor announces run for district attorney
- (VIDEO) Grass Valley police: Number of people detained, 1 shotgun found