UPDATE: Sierra County authorities: Missing Nevada City residents are safe
July 5, 2018
UPDATE at 2:55 p.m.:
Two Nevada City residents missing in Sierra County are safe, authorities said.
Suzanne Webb, 38, and Jim Gates, 68, walked into Downieville on their own and contacted the Sierra County Sheriff’s Office around 2:45 p.m., authorities said.
"They are found," Officer Aaron Stringer said. "No injuries and in good health."
The California Highway Patrol has deployed a helicopter in the search of two Nevada City residents missing in Sierra County, authorities said.
Recommended Stories For You
The helicopter, sent around 1:45 p.m. Thursday, is searching for Suzanne Webb, 38, and Jim Gates, 68. Authorities learned about their disappearance around 1:30 a.m. that day. They found their blue Toyota Tacoma around noon in the Craycroft Ridge area, north of Downieville, Sierra County Sheriff Tim Standley said.
"We did locate the vehicle that’s involved," the sheriff said. "We have not located the parties, though."
According to Standley, Webb and Gates were traveling together. It’s believed they were going to a rural part of the county to pay respects to a family member.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Nevada County authorities haven’t yet ID’d burned body
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Grass Valley man sentenced to five years for unlawfully manufacturing ghost guns
- PREP FOOTBALL: Miners shutout Fairfield for 3rd win in a row (PHOTO GALLERY/VIDEO)
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)