UPDATE: Sierra County authorities: Missing Nevada City residents are safe
July 5, 2018
UPDATE at 2:55 p.m.:
Two Nevada City residents missing in Sierra County are safe, authorities said.
Suzanne Webb, 38, and Jim Gates, 68, walked into Downieville on their own and contacted the Sierra County Sheriff’s Office around 2:45 p.m., authorities said.
"They are found," Officer Aaron Stringer said. "No injuries and in good health."
The California Highway Patrol has deployed a helicopter in the search of two Nevada City residents missing in Sierra County, authorities said.
Recommended Stories For You
The helicopter, sent around 1:45 p.m. Thursday, is searching for Suzanne Webb, 38, and Jim Gates, 68. Authorities learned about their disappearance around 1:30 a.m. that day. They found their blue Toyota Tacoma around noon in the Craycroft Ridge area, north of Downieville, Sierra County Sheriff Tim Standley said.
"We did locate the vehicle that’s involved," the sheriff said. "We have not located the parties, though."
According to Standley, Webb and Gates were traveling together. It’s believed they were going to a rural part of the county to pay respects to a family member.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Nevada City health club to be repurposed as ‘cannabis campus’
- Meet your merchant: Grass Valley’s adult store and lingerie shop has had a discreet following for more than 15 years
- High-speed chase through Nevada County ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- UPDATE: Bill Smethers concedes sheriff’s race after viewing media reports