UPDATE: Highway 20, Washington Road wreck cleared
March 15, 2018
UPDATED at 3:35 p.m.:
Caltrans shows that the wreck is cleared and highway reopened.
UPDATED at 1:08 p.m.:
Eastbound Highway 20 is closed at Uren Street in Nevada City. Westbound Highway 20 is closed at its intersection with Interstate 80. It’s unknown when it’ll reopen.
A jack-knifed tanker has blocked both lanes of traffic on Highway 20, at Washington Road, the California Highway Patrol said.
Recommended Stories For You
Authorities said at 12:29 p.m. Thursday that the empty tanker struck a tree, jack-knifed and came to a stop in both lanes of the highway. A partially fallen tree is on part of the tanker, reports state.
A tow truck responded at 12:36 p.m. to the scene, CHP said.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Nevada City’s Mardi Gras festivities cancelled
- STORM WATCH: Road closures around Nevada County
- Nevada County lion attack is instead an assault, victim in stable but critical condition
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- Agency: Deadly Tubbs Fire caused by homeowner equipment
- Gov. Newsom set to visit Grass Valley
- What a mess: Power outages, downed trees and traffic hazards hit Nevada County
- Pump skimmers found at Nevada City gas station
- Altercation ends in man fatally stabbing himself
- Woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for deaths of Nevada Union High School students (VIDEO)