Pleasant Ridge Union School District investigates alleged threat; superintendent says no student, staff in danger, schools open as normal
February 15, 2018
An alleged threat made by a Magnolia Intermediate School student led authorities Thursday morning to begin an investigation, the district’s superintendent said.
Pleasant Ridge Union School District Superintendent Rusty Clark emphasized that no student or staff are in danger, and no lockdown is in effect at either Magnolia Intermediate or neighboring Cottage Hill Elementary School.
He declined to discuss the status of the student who made the alleged threat, saying the student’s parents are supportive of the district’s investigation.
"We take all threats seriously," Clark said.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Nevada County death: Man dies after unintentional shooting
- Nevada County wreck: Grass Valley man thrown from motorcycle
- Nevada County sheriff: Deputies bust largest honey oil lab ever seen
- Nevada County wreck UPDATE: Vehicle goes 30 feet down embankment
- Nevada County authorities investigate first homicide of the year