Placer County authorities: Body of missing woman Yin Wong damaged by mountain lion
December 8, 2017
The body of a missing Sacramento woman found dead Wednesday was damaged by a mountain lion, Placer County authorities said Friday.
Yin Wong, 33, was missing for four days when searchers found her body in the American River canyon, about a mile below where her car was found. Nevada County officials confirmed that day that the body belonged to Wong, though her cause of death remains unknown despite evidence that a mountain lion damaged the body.
"The coroner said there is no evidence to support that the mountain lion killed Wong, but it’s believed that the animal discovered her after she was deceased," a Placer County release states.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Nevada County death: Man dies after unintentional shooting
- Nevada County wreck: Grass Valley man thrown from motorcycle
- Nevada County sheriff: Deputies bust largest honey oil lab ever seen
- Nevada County wreck UPDATE: Vehicle goes 30 feet down embankment
- Cal Fire: Yuba City man faces multiple arson counts
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Attorneys in vehicular manslaughter case now have toxicology, vehicle info