Only one dispensary for Nevada City
February 14, 2018
The Nevada City Council Wednesday night opted to stick with its original plan and allow only one medical cannabis dispensary to operate in city limits, having considered expanding that number to three.
The city plans to revisit the idea of allowing more marijuana retail storefronts after one year, when it has had the opportunity to assess the first dispensary’s impacts on the community.
Four non-dispensary medical cannabis business applications were up for review by Nevada City’s Planning Commission Thursday, but those reviews are on hold until city staff can respond to public records requests asking for copies of the written applications.
Check back for more details on this story online Thursday or in The Union’s Friday print edition.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Nevada County death: Man dies after unintentional shooting
- Nevada County wreck: Grass Valley man thrown from motorcycle
- Nevada County sheriff: Deputies bust largest honey oil lab ever seen
- Nevada County wreck UPDATE: Vehicle goes 30 feet down embankment
- Nevada County authorities investigate first homicide of the year
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Attorneys in vehicular manslaughter case now have toxicology, vehicle info