Nevada County wreck UPDATE: Vehicle goes 30 feet down embankment
August 27, 2018
UPDATE at 9:35 a.m. Tuesday:
A Nevada City man whose Ford F250 fell 30 feet down an embankment was in critical condition Tuesday at a Roseville hospital, the California Highway Patrol said.
Clark Staves, 59, was ejected from his vehicle around 3:35 p.m. Monday in a single-vehicle wreck at Purdon Road, north of Ranch Road. The truck had overturned several times and Staves, who wasn’t wearing a seat belt, was found with major injuries, Officer Mike Steele said in a release.
An air ambulance took Staves to Sutter Roseville Medical Center, where he remained Tuesday morning, Steele added.
Alcohol and drugs aren’t suspected in the crash, the release states.
Authorities closed Purdon Road for about an hour to retrieve the vehicle, Steele said.
Recommended Stories For You
One person received major injuries Monday after a Ford F250 went 30 feet down an embankment, the California Highway Patrol said.
The wreck happened around 3:40 p.m. near Purdon and Ranch roads. Officer Mike Steele said initial reports indicate only one vehicle was involved.
Details remained incomplete Monday afternoon. Check back for more on this story.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Nevada County authorities haven’t yet ID’d burned body
- Attorneys in vehicular manslaughter case now have toxicology, vehicle info