Nevada County sheriff: Deputies bust largest honey oil lab ever seen
August 10, 2018
The largest honey oil lab ever seen by Nevada County authorities was sitting in plain sight on Victoria Drive, Sheriff Keith Royal said.
Deputies responded around 2 p.m. Wednesday to the home after someone made a marijuana nuisance complaint. The home had no gate, and the officers approached the home, Royal said.
"The garage is open and we see a honey oil lab in the garage," he added. "We find the largest honey oil lab we have ever seen inside the house."
Bryan Scott Compton, 31, and Jaclyn Christina Volek, 27, both of Grass Valley, were arrested immediately. Michael Patrick Dunn, 29, of Grass Valley, was arrested when he arrived at the home in the 19000 block of Victoria Drive, Royal said.
All three face charges of manufacturing a controlled substance and criminal conspiracy. Compton and Volek each face an additional charge of possession of marijuana for sale, reports state.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Nevada City’s Mardi Gras festivities cancelled
- STORM WATCH: Road closures around Nevada County
- Nevada County lion attack is instead an assault, victim in stable but critical condition
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- Agency: Deadly Tubbs Fire caused by homeowner equipment