Nevada County death: Man dies after unintentional shooting
September 10, 2018
A man shot unintentionally over the weekend by Joshua Aaron Crook has died, Nevada County authorities said Monday.
Jacob Halleib, 25, died at 11:15 a.m. Sunday at a Roseville hospital. His autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday in Auburn, Chief Deputy Coroner Mike Sullivan said.
A preliminary cause and manner of death is expected after the autopsy, Sullivan added.
Authorities on Saturday arrested Crook, 26, on a charge of willfully discharging a firearm in a grossly negligent manner. Officers arrested him after responding to the shooting in the 15000 block of Niels Meade Drive in Grass Valley. He remained held Monday on $10,000 in bond, reports state.
"I would anticipate you would see an increased charge coming," Sullivan said of Crook.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Nevada County authorities haven’t yet ID’d burned body
- Attorneys in vehicular manslaughter case now have toxicology, vehicle info