Nevada County authorities charge 71-year-old man with burglary
February 12, 2018
A 71-year-old Oroville man facing a second-degree burglary charge remained Monday in the Nevada County Jail under a $250,000 bond, authorities said.
Deputies arrested Michael Kent Sturgell on Sunday in Butte County after linking him to a local burglary involving the theft of firearms, sheriff’s Lt. Rob Bringolf and reports state.
"He tried to pawn some items in Oroville and we caught him," Bringolf added.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Nevada City’s Mardi Gras festivities cancelled
- STORM WATCH: Road closures around Nevada County
- Nevada County lion attack is instead an assault, victim in stable but critical condition
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- Agency: Deadly Tubbs Fire caused by homeowner equipment