Nevada County authorities charge 71-year-old man with burglary
February 12, 2018
A 71-year-old Oroville man facing a second-degree burglary charge remained Monday in the Nevada County Jail under a $250,000 bond, authorities said.
Deputies arrested Michael Kent Sturgell on Sunday in Butte County after linking him to a local burglary involving the theft of firearms, sheriff’s Lt. Rob Bringolf and reports state.
"He tried to pawn some items in Oroville and we caught him," Bringolf added.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Nevada County missing man case: Signs of violent struggle found
- Grass Valley man sues Nevada County, Sheriff’s Office, over leg broken at jail
- Get in the holiday spirit Sunday during Victorian Christmas in Nevada City
- Penn Valley man killed in solo crash on Highway 20
- Disappearance of Nevada County man turns into homicide investigation