Nevada County authorities charge 71-year-old man with burglary
February 12, 2018
A 71-year-old Oroville man facing a second-degree burglary charge remained Monday in the Nevada County Jail under a $250,000 bond, authorities said.
Deputies arrested Michael Kent Sturgell on Sunday in Butte County after linking him to a local burglary involving the theft of firearms, sheriff’s Lt. Rob Bringolf and reports state.
"He tried to pawn some items in Oroville and we caught him," Bringolf added.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Cal Fire: McCourtney, Lobo wildfires caused by trees falling into powerlines, PG&E cited
- Fire Safe Council puts Joanne Drummond on administrative leave
- Grass Valley police: Cab driver assaulted customer with heavy flashlight
- Grass Valley’s Clint Walker, star of TV’s ‘Cheyenne,’ dies at age 91
- State of the union: Grass Valley’s 151 Union Station to close its doors