Nevada County authorities: 1 dead in Miners Way trailer fire
January 26, 2018
From a release:
On Thursday January 25, 2018, at around 1:15 AM, a 911 call was received regarding a fire in the 11000 block of Miners Way in Rough and Ready. Firefighters arrived to find a fully-involved travel trailer. After about 40 minutes the fire was extinguished and fire personnel discovered what appeared to be human remains in the burnt trailer. Our deputies responded and confirmed the discovery to be the remains of an unidentified male adult.
After speaking with neighbors, deputies obtained a tentative identification of the body in the trailer. An autopsy was scheduled for this morning, and positive identification of the decedent was made at autopsy. The identification of the decedent will be released after his next-of-kin have been notified. Several items have been collected from the scene and investigation into the cause of the fire, the cause of death, and the manner of death is still ongoing – at present there is no indication of foul play.
Trending In: Main Headline
- WELCOME HOME: Pro disc golfer Gregg Barsby honored with key to city
- UPDATE: Bitney Prep High School lockdown has ended
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- A helping hand: Where and how to donate to Camp Fire victims
- Nevada County supervisors restrict ‘nuisance’ shooting on private property