Nevada County authorities: 1 dead in airport fire (VIDEO)
April 18, 2018
Authorities say one person died in a Wednesday morning hangar fire at the Nevada County Airport.
The fire started around 8:30 a.m. at a hangar occupied by Sierra Mountain Aviation Inc., 13308 Nevada City Ave, Grass Valley. Three people were in the hangar at the time. First-responders performed CPR on a man before he was pronounced deceased. A woman was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. A third person escaped, authorities said.
Firefighters said they had the blaze under control in under an hour.
Trending In: Main Headline
- High-speed chase through Nevada County ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- Farewell, sole man: Owner of Dave’s Shoe Repair dead at 82
- Nevada City health club to be repurposed as ‘cannabis campus’
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say