Nevada County authorities: 1 dead in airport fire (VIDEO)
April 18, 2018
Authorities say one person died in a Wednesday morning hangar fire at the Nevada County Airport.
The fire started around 8:30 a.m. at a hangar occupied by Sierra Mountain Aviation Inc., 13308 Nevada City Ave, Grass Valley. Three people were in the hangar at the time. First-responders performed CPR on a man before he was pronounced deceased. A woman was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. A third person escaped, authorities said.
Firefighters said they had the blaze under control in under an hour.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Nevada City’s Mardi Gras festivities cancelled
- UPDATE: Alta Sierra Drive expected to open around 3 p.m.
- Nevada County sheriff: Deputies bust largest honey oil lab ever seen
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- Nevada County lion attack is instead an assault, victim in stable but critical condition
- Three Grass Valley arrests involve drugs, alcohol
- Grass Valley resident hits up Grammy Awards ceremony for third time
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- More snow possible down to 1,000 feet for Nevada County
- Gray wolf OR-54’s return to Nevada County part of ‘dispersal’ activity