Information missing from some voter guides about Measure D, Nevada County elections office says
May 16, 2018
UPDATE at 1 p.m.:
The elections office said 9,777 voters didn’t receive information on Measure D in their voter information guides. For more details go here.
The Nevada County elections office has mailed additional information to voters after learning some people didn’t receive any documentation about Measure D, authorities said.
The omission affects no sample or official ballots for the Grass Valley school bond measure. Instead the information is missing from voter information guides only, elections officials said.
"We deeply regret this error and any inconvenience to affected voters," a release states.
Recommended Stories For You
Information about the measure also is available online.
The measure, on the June 5 ballot, asks voters to approve $18.8 million in bonds. The projected tax rate is 2.4 cents per $100 of a property’s assessed value.
Trending In: Main Headline
- BREAKING: Arrest made in homicide of Pamela Diane DeGrio
- Information missing from some voter guides about Measure D, Nevada County elections office says
- UPDATE: I-80 westbound traffic is moving, though it’s heavy in spots
- Nevada County authorities investigate first homicide of the year
- Sierra Nevada Medical Hospital sells outreach laboratory services to Quest Diagnostics, closes 1 lab
- Business owner ends up homeless in Nevada County; Local benefactor offers matching donations
- Highway 20 crash closes road above Nevada City
- Nevada Union senior Hunter Vallejo donates to the hospital that saved his life as a baby
- Woman rescued at South Yuba River
- Grass Valley police make 3rd indecent exposure arrest this month