UNR football player’s body believed to be found in Lake Tahoe
August 1, 2017
SACRAMENTO — Authorities believe the body of a Hawaii man who went missing last year in Lake Tahoe while paddle boarding with football teammates from the University of Nevada at Reno has been found.
The Placer County Sheriff's Office states a body found on Monday is believed to be 20-year-old Marc Ma.
Ma was about 700 yards off the lake's west shore with Wolf Pack teammates when he went missing on June 10, 2016.
Several agencies looked for Ma before the search was called off, but his family didn't give up hope.
They hired a nonprofit called Bruce's Legacy, which used a specialized robotic camera system and found the body believed to be Ma near where he was reported missing.
Ma graduated from Iolani School in Honolulu.
Recommended Stories For You
— Associated Press
Trending In: Main Headline
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- Farewell, sole man: Owner of Dave’s Shoe Repair dead at 82
- High-speed chase ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- A helping hand: Where and how to donate to Camp Fire victims