UNR football player’s body believed to be found in Lake Tahoe
August 1, 2017
SACRAMENTO — Authorities believe the body of a Hawaii man who went missing last year in Lake Tahoe while paddle boarding with football teammates from the University of Nevada at Reno has been found.
The Placer County Sheriff's Office states a body found on Monday is believed to be 20-year-old Marc Ma.
Ma was about 700 yards off the lake's west shore with Wolf Pack teammates when he went missing on June 10, 2016.
Several agencies looked for Ma before the search was called off, but his family didn't give up hope.
They hired a nonprofit called Bruce's Legacy, which used a specialized robotic camera system and found the body believed to be Ma near where he was reported missing.
Ma graduated from Iolani School in Honolulu.
Recommended Stories For You
— Associated Press
Trending In: Main Headline
- Nevada City’s Mardi Gras festivities cancelled
- Nevada County sheriff: Deputies bust largest honey oil lab ever seen
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- Nevada County lion attack is instead an assault, victim in stable but critical condition
- STORM WATCH: Road closures around Nevada County