BREAKING: Nevada County looks to extend contract with Sammie’s Friends
April 24, 2018
Nevada County authorities said Tuesday they will stop negotiations with Placer County and work with Sammie’s Friends to extend the local group’s contract to operate the animal shelter.
Sheriff Keith Royal said he spoke Tuesday with Curt Romander, who along with Cheryl Wicks cofounded Sammie’s Friends, about extending their contract. He also wants to discuss their organization’s future once Romander and Wicks leave the daily operations to others.
"We know this is a sensitive issue," Royal said. "We’re trying to find a win-win in this."
Check back for more on this story.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Nevada County death: Man dies after unintentional shooting
- Nevada County wreck: Grass Valley man thrown from motorcycle
- Nevada County sheriff: Deputies bust largest honey oil lab ever seen
- Nevada County wreck UPDATE: Vehicle goes 30 feet down embankment
- Nevada County authorities investigate first homicide of the year
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Attorneys in vehicular manslaughter case now have toxicology, vehicle info