BREAKING: Arrest made in homicide of Pamela Diane DeGrio
May 1, 2018
Nevada County authorities said Tuesday that they’ve charged Michael Kent Sturgell, 71, in connection with the February homicide of Pamela Diane DeGrio.
Sturgell, currently in the Nevada County Jail on a burglary accusation, now faces a murder charge in connection with DeGrio’s death. Authorities linked him to the death through a firearm stolen from her home around the time of her death. That weapon recently was recovered in Butte County, along with other firearms taken in the burglary that authorities linked to Sturgell, sheriff’s Lt. Rob Bringolf said in an email.
"These firearms were determined to have been fenced by Mr. Sturgell shortly after Ms. DeGrio's death," Bringolf said.
Sturgell was married to DeGrio, but they divorced over 40 years ago.
Check back for more on this story.
Trending In: Main Headline
- High-speed chase through Nevada County ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- Farewell, sole man: Owner of Dave’s Shoe Repair dead at 82
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- Nevada City health club to be repurposed as ‘cannabis campus’