UPDATE: Alta Sierra Drive expected to open around 3 p.m.
March 2, 2018
UPDATE: According to the CHP website, Alta Sierra Drive between Little Valley Road and Ball Road is expected to re-open around 3 p.m. Friday afternoon.
Drivers trying to get in and out of Alta Sierra to Highway 49 will need to find a different route Friday and possibly longer.
Power lines were reported down on Alta Sierra Drive between Little Valley Road and Ball Road, one of the major arteries in and out of the subdivision south of Grass Valley.
According to the California Highway Patrol website, PG&E workers are unavailable until Friday evening at the earliest. With the expectation of inclement weather on the way, that could stretch the closure well into Saturday.
A good alternate route would be through Dog Bar Road.
Recommended Stories For You
Check back for more updates.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Gray wolf OR-54’s return to Nevada County part of ‘dispersal’ activity
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- Governor talks wildfire preparedness, rural broadband in Grass Valley
- Nevada County authorities ID fatal stabbing victim
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s