UPDATE: Alta Sierra Drive expected to open around 3 p.m.
March 2, 2018
UPDATE: According to the CHP website, Alta Sierra Drive between Little Valley Road and Ball Road is expected to re-open around 3 p.m. Friday afternoon.
Drivers trying to get in and out of Alta Sierra to Highway 49 will need to find a different route Friday and possibly longer.
Power lines were reported down on Alta Sierra Drive between Little Valley Road and Ball Road, one of the major arteries in and out of the subdivision south of Grass Valley.
According to the California Highway Patrol website, PG&E workers are unavailable until Friday evening at the earliest. With the expectation of inclement weather on the way, that could stretch the closure well into Saturday.
A good alternate route would be through Dog Bar Road.
Recommended Stories For You
Check back for more updates.
Trending In: Main Headline
- High-speed chase through Nevada County ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- Farewell, sole man: Owner of Dave’s Shoe Repair dead at 82
- Nevada City health club to be repurposed as ‘cannabis campus’
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say