Nevada County, federal authorities accuse man of having almost 1,300 pounds of pot
March 13, 2018
Local authorities along with the federal Drug Enforcement Administration on Tuesday arrested a Nevada City man after finding almost 1,300 pounds of suspected marijuana and close to 600 pot plants — items valued at around $1 million, a release states.
Jose Gregorio Luna, 34, was arrested around 8 a.m. after authorities executed a federal search warrant in the 15000 block of Lola’s Echo Road in Nevada City. Officers found about 1,285 pounds of suspected pot in black totes and 576 marijuana plants, authorities said.
The plants were being grown indoors, underneath a granny unit, the release states.
Federal agents seized the suspected pot and a 2014 BMW 750 Li, according to the release.
Luna remained late Tuesday in the Nevada County Jail, records state.
Trending In: Main Carousel
- UPDATE: Police identify man found dead in Grass Valley
- UPDATE: 2 Nevada Union High School students die in car wreck, authorities say
- Beyond the county: Prosecutors say man target police in Palm Springs ambush; Buoyant Clinton reaching past Trump; 80,000 trout accidently set free
- Beyond the county: Family of black man shot 14 times by police wants charges; Dad let son die in hot SUV to ‘escape’; Hurricane Matthew drenches Haiti and Jamaica with heavy rain
- Nevada County authorities haven’t yet ID’d burned body
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Grass Valley man sentenced to five years for unlawfully manufacturing ghost guns
- PREP FOOTBALL: Miners shutout Fairfield for 3rd win in a row (PHOTO GALLERY/VIDEO)
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)