Nevada County, federal authorities accuse man of having almost 1,300 pounds of pot
March 13, 2018
Local authorities along with the federal Drug Enforcement Administration on Tuesday arrested a Nevada City man after finding almost 1,300 pounds of suspected marijuana and close to 600 pot plants — items valued at around $1 million, a release states.
Jose Gregorio Luna, 34, was arrested around 8 a.m. after authorities executed a federal search warrant in the 15000 block of Lola’s Echo Road in Nevada City. Officers found about 1,285 pounds of suspected pot in black totes and 576 marijuana plants, authorities said.
The plants were being grown indoors, underneath a granny unit, the release states.
Federal agents seized the suspected pot and a 2014 BMW 750 Li, according to the release.
Luna remained late Tuesday in the Nevada County Jail, records state.
Trending In: Main Carousel
- Nevada County, federal authorities accuse man of having almost 1,300 pounds of pot
- UPDATE: Police identify man found dead in Grass Valley
- Nevada County authorities: Domestic violence incident leads authorities to close Shannon Way in Nevada City
- UPDATE: Authorities respond to report of bank robbery at Bank of the West in Grass Valley
- Albert Silva, facing a murder charge in connection with son’s death, appears in Nevada County court
- UPDATE: Interstate 80 in both directions
- Grass Valley police: 2 downtown businesses have windows broken; suspect arrested
- Squaw Valley worker emerges from avalanche wrecked, but alive
- Nevada County burglary suspect fails to appear in court, judge issues arrest warrant