Nevada County, federal authorities accuse man of having almost 1,300 pounds of pot
March 13, 2018
Local authorities along with the federal Drug Enforcement Administration on Tuesday arrested a Nevada City man after finding almost 1,300 pounds of suspected marijuana and close to 600 pot plants — items valued at around $1 million, a release states.
Jose Gregorio Luna, 34, was arrested around 8 a.m. after authorities executed a federal search warrant in the 15000 block of Lola’s Echo Road in Nevada City. Officers found about 1,285 pounds of suspected pot in black totes and 576 marijuana plants, authorities said.
The plants were being grown indoors, underneath a granny unit, the release states.
Federal agents seized the suspected pot and a 2014 BMW 750 Li, according to the release.
Luna remained late Tuesday in the Nevada County Jail, records state.
Trending In: Main Carousel
- Nevada City health club to be repurposed as ‘cannabis campus’
- Meet your merchant: Grass Valley’s adult store and lingerie shop has had a discreet following for more than 15 years
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- High-speed chase through Nevada County ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- Nevada County’s Shannan Moon becomes California’s first openly-gay sheriff