Cadaver dog used in search for missing Nevada County man, authorities say
December 4, 2018
Nevada County authorities said Tuesday they're searching for a man missing for two years — possibly the victim of foul play — after finding drugs and guns at his home months ago.
The Sheriff's Office said that Donald J. Nader, 48, was last seen during late summer or early fall of 2016. They discovered his disappearance after serving a search warrant on his home in June, a move stemming from a narcotics complaint about his 18332 Lawrence Way house in Alta Sierra Estates.
"We found narcotics and guns," Lt. Rob Bringolf said. "We believe it was his wife who was selling narcotics."
Authorities in June issued an arrest warrant for a woman named Marnay Nader on two counts each of possession of a controlled substance for sale. She also faces a charge of possession of an assault weapon and two accusations of being prohibited from possessing ammunition or weapons, Superior Court records state.
Marnay Nader remained at-large on Tuesday, court records show.
On Monday the Sheriff's Office again searched Nader's home. A dog trained in searching for cadavers was on the scene, Bringolf said.
Recommended Stories For You
The lieutenant characterized the investigation as a missing person's case that's possibly linked to a crime.
"It's not what we've found," the lieutenant said of the months-long investigation. "It's what we haven't found. We haven't been able to find him."
Officers have spoken to friends, family and neighbors. No one has seen Nader since 2016, Bringolf said.
"We have reason to believe he's still missing and a victim of foul play," he added.
Anyone with information should contact the Sheriff's Office at 530-265-1263.
To contact Staff Writer Alan Riquelmy, email email@example.com or call 530-477-4239.
Trending In: Main Carousel
- Christmas tree farmers’ campaign: Buy real, not artificial
- Cadaver dog used in search for missing Nevada County man, authorities say
- UPDATE: 2 Nevada Union High School students die in car wreck, authorities say
- Beyond the county: Family of black man shot 14 times by police wants charges; Dad let son die in hot SUV to ‘escape’; Hurricane Matthew drenches Haiti and Jamaica with heavy rain
- New Nevada County firearm rules go into effect Jan. 10
- Nevada County lion attack is instead an assault, victim in stable but critical condition
- Former Nevada County resident ‘Cappy’ Gordon killed in Montana
- Nevada County supervisors eye Old Tunnel Road land for homeless services
- Fight on South Auburn Street leads to passerby getting punched