Flooding in area of Lake of the Pines; Nevada County officials monitoring situation
March 22, 2018
UPDATE at 10:32 a.m.:
The number of PG&E customers without power along Magnolia Road has fallen to about 230, the utility company reports.
UPDATE at 10:30 a.m.:
A tree has fallen in a slide area and is moving down the middle of the road at Augustine and Daisy Blue Mine roads, the California Highway Patrol states.
UPDATE at 9:41 a.m.:
PG&E reports that almost 400 customers are without power along Magnolia Road, northeast of Lake of the Pines.
Recommended Stories For You
The cause of the outage is unknown. PG&E expects to restore power by noon.
County officials say spots around Nevada County are experiencing flooding, though no serious problems have yet developed.
John Gulserian, program manager with the county’s Office of Emergency Services, said at 9:20 a.m. Thursday that flooding has been reported in the area of Combie Road. He’s received reports of water topping the dam of a small pond outside the gates of Lake of the Pines.
"It’s not necessarily a big deal, depending on the road conditions," Gulserian said.
The Caltrans map shows traffic is slowed on Combie and Magnolia roads.
According to Gulserian, road conditions should improve quickly once the rain slows or stops.
There’s a 100 percent chance of rain today, which drops to 40 percent tonight and 30 percent Friday, the National Weather Service states.
"We’re monitoring the situation," Gulserian said. "We’re communicating with the sheriff’s department, public works."
Trending In: Main Carousel
- UPDATE: Police identify man found dead in Grass Valley
- Beyond the county: Prosecutors say man target police in Palm Springs ambush; Buoyant Clinton reaching past Trump; 80,000 trout accidently set free
- Lt. Bill Smethers announces candidacy for Nevada County sheriff
- Nevada County authorities respond to dead body in Englebright Lake
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Nevada County authorities haven’t yet ID’d burned body
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- That’s the spirit: Nevada County’s first locally-crafted spirits make their debut