Fire leads to explosion of propane tanks at Grass Valley home, officials say (VIDEO)
April 3, 2018
No one was injured in a Penstock Drive house fire that caused an explosion when the flames reached propane tanks on a back porch, fire officials said.
Firefighters responded around 7:15 a.m. to 509 Penstock Drive, off Brighton Street. They saw the fire had reached about 50 percent of the home, said Jim Smith, a battalion chief with the Nevada County Consolidated Fire District.
"All the occupants got out of the house before our arrival," Smith added.
Video submitted by Jennifer Seim.
Check back for more on this story.
Trending In: Main Carousel
- Thousands flee wildfires burning in the US, Canada
- UPDATE: 2 Nevada Union High School students die in car wreck, authorities say
- Beyond the county: Family of black man shot 14 times by police wants charges; Dad let son die in hot SUV to ‘escape’; Hurricane Matthew drenches Haiti and Jamaica with heavy rain
- Beyond the county: Prosecutors say man target police in Palm Springs ambush; Buoyant Clinton reaching past Trump; 80,000 trout accidently set free
- UPDATE: Police identify man found dead in Grass Valley