Services are here |

Services are here

Thank you for your articles on homelessness this week. Please permit me to clarify part of the story regarding services available from the county’s Adult and Family Services Department.

The 24-hour response and emergency placement funds referred to our Adult Protective Services, which investigates reports of abuse primarily regarding seniors. The funds mentioned in the article are for temporary shelter and other urgent needs for victims of elder abuse. Although elder-abuse reports have skyrocketed within the last few years, we have been able to provide for emergency needs for seniors within our budgetary limits. To report elder abuse, please call 265-1639. If you are a CalWORKs recipient who has urgent needs regarding housing issues, your eligibility worker or employment and training worker may be able to help connect you with needed services.

Phil Reinheimer,


Adult & Family Services

Nevada City

Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User


See more