San Juan Ridge cabin destroyed by fire | TheUnion.com
YOUR AD HERE »

San Juan Ridge cabin destroyed by fire

A fire possibly started by a propane refrigerator destroyed a San Juan Ridge cabin Saturday night.

The 400-square-foot home on Donaldine Drive, north of Malakoff Diggins State Historic Park, burned to the ground by the time North San Juan firefighters arrived.



The home was outside the fire department’s jurisdiction, and crew members contended with snowy roadways after getting the call just after 8 p.m., Fire Chief Boyd Johnson said. The tenant wasn’t home, but the owner suspected the refrigerator was to blame.

The estimated value of the loss was less than $10,000.




– The Union Staff


Support Local Journalism


Support Local Journalism

Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User