Nevada City and
A new road repair project will start, and two current projects will continue next week.
• Nevada County will resurface Maidu Avenue at Rood Administrative Center Tuesday and Wednesday. Maidu will be closed Wednesday to motorists, who will have to access the government center, Wayne Brown Correctional Facility and Madelyn Helling Library from the west entrance off Cement Hill Road.
• Work will continue Tuesday through Friday to raise manhole frames and valve boxes on Walsh, West Main and High streets; and Lidster Avenue. Crews will also place a street drain down Chapel Street from Collins Lane to the bottom of Chapel.
• Installation of a storm drain at Little Wolf Creek on South Auburn Street will slow traffic from East McKnight to Whiting Street Tuesday through Friday. It may be necessary to close South Auburn to through traffic at various times.
• On Interstate 80 in Nevada County from just west of the Fibreboard undercrossing in Truckee to the Floriston Bridge over the Truckee River. Work continues on a $86 million project to rehabilitate the roadway and replace the bridges between West Boca and Floriston.
Interstate 80 (east of Truckee): Expect various lane closures affecting east and westbound from east of the central Truckee Interchange to east of the Floriston Bridge from 9 p.m. on Tuesday to 8 a.m. on Friday. Multiple work areas may cause cumulative delays of up to 30 minutes.
• On Interstate 80 in Placer County from east of Gold Run to Drum. Work continues on a project to rehabilitate the roadway.
• On Highway 174 in Colfax: Expect one-way traffic control with five- to 10-minute delays, from Main Street to the Nevada County line from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. A crew is scheduled for shoulder improvement.
• On Highway 20: Expect one-way traffic control and delays of five to 10 minutes from north of the Highway 49 junction to the I 80 junction from 6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Crews are scheduled for culvert cleaning, brush clearing and delineation repair.
• On Highway 49: Expect one-way traffic control and delays of five to 10 minutes at various locations between Camptonville and the Yuba Pass from 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Crews are doing routine maintenance along the roadway.
• On Highway 49 in Auburn: Expect the southbound No. 2 lane closed with minimal delays from Elm Avenue to Palm Avenue from 10 p.m. on Thursday to 5 a.m or Friday. A contractor is scheduled to install monitoring wells.
For up-to-the-minute information on road work, delays, Sierra road conditions and emergency closures, call the Caltrans Highway Information Network toll-free 800 number 24 hours a day: 1-800 427-7623 (ROAD), or check http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo or http://www.smart-traveler.com.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Parents are becoming aware of the use of critical race theory in their children’s instruction, particularly as distance learning has given them a window into their classrooms.