• Construction continues on South Auburn Street from East McKnight to the intersection at Whiting Street for the South Auburn Street improvements project.
Placement of a 42-inch storm drain will begin Monday morning starting at the culvert placed at Little Wolf Creek, north toward the Whiting Street intersection. It may be necessary to close South Auburn Street to through traffic at times. All businesses will be open and access will be maintained. Watch for construction signs and proceed with caution through the work areas. Crews will be working between 7 a.m. and 6 p.m.
• Pavement repairs continue at the Church Street and South Auburn/Main Street (City Hall) parking lots. This work is scheduled to be completed by Thursday.
The city intends to keep half of each lot available for public parking at any given time.
• On Highway 20: Expect one-way traffic control and delays of 10 to 15 minutes from Lowell Hill Road and the Bear River (west of the I-80 junction) from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Crews are doing routine maintenance.
• On Interstate 80 from just west of the Fibreboard undercrossing in Truckee to the Floriston Bridge over the Truckee River: Work continues on the rehabilitation of the roadway and replacement of the bridges between West Boca and Floriston.
• On Interstate 80 (east of Truckee): Expect various lane closures affecting east and westbound I-80 from east of the central Truckee interchange to east of the Floriston Bridge from 5 p.m. (9 p.m. on Sunday) to noon the following day. Multiple work areas may cause cumulative delays of up to 30 minutes.
• On Interstate 80 from east of Gold Run to Drum: Work continues on a project to rehabilitate the roadway.
• On Interstate 80 Gold Run: Expect various lane closures and delays of five to 10 minutes on east and westbound lanes between Alta and Nyack from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. (noon on Thursday).
• On Highway 49 in Auburn: Motorists will encounter a short detour and delays of five to 10 minutes on Highway 49 (High Street) between Walsh and Pine streets from 10:30 and 11:30 a.m. Auburn will host its annual “Auburn Youth Soccer Parade.”
For up-to-the-minute information on road work, delays, Sierra road conditions and emergency closures, call the Caltrans Highway Information Network toll-free 800 number 24 hours a day: 1-800 427-7623 (ROAD), or check http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo or http://www.smart-traveler.com.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
“There is a cult of ignorance in this country … nurtured by the false notion that ‘my ignorance is as good as your knowledge.'” — Isaac Asimov, 1980.