TV Listings: Waaah! They’re still not correct! We are working with Tribune Media Co. to correct them. However, in the meantime, many of the channels are wrong. At least some of our readers can laugh about it – I received the following e-mail from reader Mary Hunter. “The TV listings are still incorrect. Although it’s amusing to see the following: On Disney channel: Jon Stewart Show, MAD TV, South Park. On Comedy Central: Boating Today, Sport Fishing, Auto Racing.” Please be patient. We are working on it. Honest.
Readers share humor: John Bonhert, one of our readers who is an e-mail correspondent, sent the following quotes from Will Rogers. I always enjoy John’s e-mails. One thing he does that I like is that at the bottom, where some people put little quotes, John lists the book he’s currently reading. I’ve gotten some good recommendations that way! John says, “Will Rogers was probably the greatest political sage this country has ever known.” Enjoy the following:
1. Never slap a man who’s chewing tobacco.
2. Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.
3. There are two theories to arguing with a woman … neither works.
4. Never miss a good chance to shut up.
5. Always drink upstream from the herd.
6. If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.
7. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it and put it back in your pocket.
8. There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
9. Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
10. If you’re riding ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it’s still there.
11. Lettin’ the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier’n puttin’ it back.
12. After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him. The moral: When you’re full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
Good license plates: Bob Richelson of Penn Valley sent these in. Bob is an amazing guy. Still a runner at 80, he writes for our travel section and was recently in our sports section. And he still looks really good!
• GLDNX2 (the two Golden Retrievers were in the back seat)
• 41SFRVR (on a newly painted white ’41 pickup truck)
Dixie Redfearn can be reached at 477-4238 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax at 477-4292.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
I cannot say enough good things about Yuba Docs, our urgent care facility in Grass Valley. Saturday about noon, a close relative had a close encounter with a chainsaw resulting in a pretty deep-looking gash…