Many readers probably don’t realize that just about anyone can be highlighted in the interview features we run occasionally on this page. Each one spotlights a different part of the community, and there is probably one that’s perfect for you, a friend, a relative or a co-worker.
• Meet Your Neighbor is open to all residents of western Nevada County or surrounding communities, such as Downieville and Colfax. It lets you share your interests and tell readers about your family, favorite TV show, greatest accomplishment, etc. To take part in Meet Your Neighbor, contact staff writer Becky Trout at email@example.com or 477-4235.
• My Top 10 gives you a chance to flex your creativity and come up with a David Letterman-style list that can be humorous or serious. Contact David Mirhadi at firstname.lastname@example.org or 477-4229.
• For the Public profiles a local civil servant each week. Teachers, firefighters, librarians, police, elected officials – just about anyone paid by the public can be featured. Contact Britt Retherford at email@example.com or 477-4247.
• Quiet Hero introduces readers to a volunteer helping one of the many nonprofits in the area. This helps get a little credit for volunteers and a little publicity for the nonprofits. Contact Dave Moller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 477-4237.
• The Artists highlights the works and interests of a local creative figure, such as a painter, singer or poet. We can even include information about upcoming performances or exhibits. Contact Carol Feineman at email@example.com or 477-4232.
See? That pretty much covers everyone. You can find the specific questions for each feature on http://www.theunion.com by clicking on the “Submit it” link on the left side of the page.
By the way, if you haven’t yet checked out our Web site’s redesign, you should.
Dixie Redfearn can be reached at 477-4238 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by fax at 477-4292.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User