Portable heater may have started fire | TheUnion.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Portable heater may have started fire

A portable electric heater may have ignited a fire that destroyed a 250-square-foot outbuilding Saturday off Thorne Lane in the Peardale area, fire reports indicate.

No one was injured, Howard Drummond, battalion chief for the Peardale-Chicago Park Fire Protection District, said Sunday. The building, a guest house, was completely destroyed, he said.



A woman who may have been staying there left the heater unattended to go to the main house, Drummond said. Smoke poured out when she returned to the building and opened the door, he added.

The fire, called in at 9:11 p.m., was contained about 20 minutes later, Drummond said. Also responding were the Nevada County Consolidated and the Ophir Hill fire protection districts.





Support Local Journalism


Support Local Journalism

Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User


Opinion


See more