Grass Valley Police Department
• At 1:14 a.m., a caller on the 100 block of South Auburn Street reported that a yellow Toyota pickup and a red Chevrolet Caprice were possibly racing in the area.
• A caller on the 300 block of North Church Street reported at 12:26 p.m. that his friend was house-sitting his dog and sold the dog for drugs. Police determined it was a civil matter, not a crime.
Nevada County Sheriff’s Office
• Harland Paul Wells, 62, of Grass Valley, was arrested on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance for sale, transporting or selling a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and being under the influence of a controlled substance. His bail was set at $35,000.
• A woman on the 11500 block of Brookview Drive reported at 3:24 a.m. that she had been awoken in the middle of the night by a noise in her kitchen, and found that a stranger under the influence of drugs or alcohol was in her kitchen.
When she first saw the man, according to the sheriff’s office, he was standing by the refrigerator with the door open. The man reportedly asked for “John,” whom the woman did not know. The woman saw that the man had her hammer in his pocket, and told him to give it back, as well as any other property he may have stolen. The suspect emptied his pockets and gave her car keys back.
The man, who was wearing red shirt, oversized pants and a cap, left.
• A caller on the 15800 block of Little Valley Road reported at 7:52 a.m. that his parents were trying to sell his personal belongings at a yard sale.
• At 10:36 a.m., a caller on the 10100 block of Kearney Court, near Wild Turkey Lane, reported the theft of a wood splitter and weed trimmer from the property.
• A camera case was reported stolen from a car parked by Independence Trail, off Highway 49, while the caller was hiking. The caller said that a passengers-side window was broken.
• A man was seriously injured in a vehicle accident at about 12:37 p.m., on Highway 49 between North San Juan and Camptonville. The accident occurred near the Yuba River middle fork bridge. According to witnesses, the man was heading south on Highway 49, but details of the crash were not available Sunday.
North San Juan fire crews responded. According to witnesses, it took them 50 minutes to free the driver, who was possibly unresponsive. The victim was taken by helicopter to an area hospital.
• A garage fire was reported at 6:20 a.m. on the 20900 block of Maben Road. Nevada County Consolidated and Higgins Area fire departments responded, along with the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection. The fire was contained at 6:39 a.m. No one was hurt.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
I hope everyone knows how much The New Moon restaurant has done for our community.