Grass Valley Police Department
• A Jack in the Box employee reported at 12:44 a.m. that several juveniles came into the business, on the 1800 block of East Main Street, and began throwing things around. When the employee told them to stop, “the juveniles told him to bring it on,” according to a log entry. The caller said that the juveniles then went into the parking lot. By the time police responded, the suspects were gone.
• A caller on the 300 block of Sutton Way reported that a license plate, number 5AML422, was stolen from a vehicle.
• At 8:10 a.m., a caller at Grocery Outlet on the 600 block of Sutton Way reported someone had been stealing cardboard and pallets over the weekends. A theft report was taken.
Nevada County Sheriff’s Office
• A caller on the 23700 block of Chestnut Court reported at 2:39 p.m. that a snowboard and CDs had been stolen from the residence or from a vehicle sometime the previous night.
• Chico authorities reported at 2:39 p.m. that Robert Keith Dennis Jr., a parolee, had escaped from custody. Dennis, 44, has a history of being armed and dangerous, according to Chico authorities, as well as escaping from custody.
He is about 230 pounds, 5 feet, 10 inches, with brown hair and brown eyes. At the time of his escape, he was wearing a gray sweatshirt, blue jeans and handcuffed. He reportedly escaped from an officer’s vehicle. If seen, he should be reported to authorities.
• A bonfire was reported at 11:16 p.m. in the Greenhorn Creek creek bed. The fire reportedly posed no danger.
• At 1:16 a.m., a caller on the 18000 block of Wildflower Drive, in Lake Wildwood, reported that her daughter had just walked outside to her car, to find that the car door was open and the interior light was on. As her daughter walked closer to the vehicle, someone ran from it into some brush. The caller said it was unknown whether anything was stolen.
• At 7:27 a.m., a caller on the 14400 block of Sun Forest Drive, in Lake Wildwood, reported the theft of property from a vehicle. The caller said he or she was not sure if the vehicle had been locked.
• A caller on the 14800 block of Sun Forest Drive reported property theft from two of her unlocked vehicles at 8:33 a.m.
Nevada City Police Department
• A caller at the Fur Traders, on the 300 block of Broad Street, reported at 3:55 p.m. that someone had vandalized the business. The walls had been reportedly vandalized with paintballs, and a door was cracked from being kicked or hit with something.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
Today there was a fire at Idaho Maryland and Brunswick roads. Fortunately our amazing response team was able to put it out quickly and save our community.