Police blotter | TheUnion.com

Police blotter

Nevada County Sheriff’s Office


• A caller reported at 11:33 a.m. that a generator and floor tiling had been stolen from a construction site on Austin Forest Avenue.

• At 1:15 p.m., a caller on Bowman Lake Road reported that 10 pickup trucks full of young adults had just driven by and went through the Lindsay Lake Forest Service gate at the park. They locked the gate behind them. The caller said he was concerned about the fire danger posed by the youths and the possible partying on private property. Deputies found out the young adults were from the Colfax High School football team. Their coach said the team had permission for the team to be in the area for team bonding exercises.

• At 1:55 p.m., a caller on John Bauer Avenue reported the theft of two stereo amplifiers, lifejackets, rope and a wake board from his boat.

• A man was reportedly dumping trash at 3:13 p.m. on Squirrel Creek Road, near Deadman’s Flat Road. Deputies contacted the man and had him pick all of the trash up.

• A deer was reportedly stuck in a gate at a housing community on Highway 174 at 8:30 p.m.

• Lori Irene Brady-Palacio, 36, of Grass Valley, was arrested on suspicion of possession of a hypodermic needle or syringe, being under the influence of a controlled substance, possession of controlled substance paraphernalia, possession of a controlled substance, transporting or selling a controlled substance, and possession of a substance with the intent to manufacture a controlled substance.

Nevada City Police Department


• At 3:26 p.m., a caller reported that a juvenile was locked in a vehicle on the 700 block of Zion Street. The vehicle drove off before police arrived at the scene.

Fire calls


• A travel trailer on the 11300 block of La Barr Meadows Road was reportedly on fire at 5:40 a.m. Firefighters from Nevada County Consolidated and the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection responded to the call, and the fire was contained at 5:56 a.m. The burned areas included the trailer and a spot of vegetation less than one acre. The fire caused $2,000 damage, and was caused by cigarettes.

Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User