Grass Valley Police Department
– A driver in a Chevy truck hit a Nevada County Sheriff’s squad car and took off toward oncoming traffic at 12:30 a.m. on South Auburn. The driver stopped at the Shell Station.
– Gravestones were reported stolen on the 100 block of South Auburn.
– A woman said her car window was shot out sometime after noon while parked at the intersection of School and West Main streets.
– A man said he gave his girlfriend permission to drive his Jeep, but he believes she skipped town.
– A woman called at 7 p.m. and said a man followed her into Safeway, waited while she bought groceries and then followed her out of the store. She got home safely and said she would call back if he showed up again.
– A caller said someone threw a water balloon that left a mark on his car while driving on the 100 block of Arcadia Drive.
Nevada County Sheriff’s Office
– A 35-year-old Grass Valley carpenter was arrested and is facing a felony charge of noncompliance with a court order. Mathew Todd Mitchell was being held without bond at the Wayne Brown Correctional Facility.
– A 41-year-old Grass Valley mechanic was arrested on a felony charge of possession of a controlled substance. Glenn Michael Jewell was being held on $10,000 bond.
– A 27-year-old Nevada City man in the construction business was arrested and is facing four charges related to domestic violence, possession of a controlled substance and controlled substance paraphernalia and for bringing drugs into prison. Michael James Dwyer was being held on $21,500 bond.
– A 31-year-old Grass Valley security guard was arrested on four felonies – possession of a firearm, receiving known stolen property, possession of a controlled substance and possession of a controlled substance for sale – and two misdemeanors. Robert James Dion was being held on $22,750 bond.
– A 20-year-old Grass Valley bank teller was arrested on three felony charges – possession of a controlled substance for sale, receiving known stolen property and possession of a controlled substance – and two misdemeanors. Karolina Hjord was held on $32,000 bond.
– A deli manager from Laguna Beach was arrested on a felony charge of stolen money, labor, real or personal property exceeding $400. Vincente Ortega was being held without bond.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
We must do more to strengthen our power grid against an electromagnetic pulse event. Such an event can result from an attack by terrorists or by another country (China may already have the capability) or…