• 6:28 a.m. Ð Police admonished a man on Nevada City Highway for riding his bicycle in the wrong lane.
• 5:14 p.m. Ð A man in the police station lobby reported a hit-and-run. His silver 1999 Pontiac Grand Am was hit by black truck on the 100 block of Mill Street. The man gave police the license plate number on the black truck. Police took a report.
• 5:27 p.m. – Police cited a 34-year-old woman at a store on the 2000 block of Nevada City Highway on suspicion of shoplifting.
• 8:39 p.m. Ð A caller from a store on the 100 block of Neal Street reported a drunken man was in the store. Police arrested the 57-year-old man on suspicion of public drunkenness.
• 8:17 a.m. – A caller from the 100 block of Wood Street reported a child’s silver mountain bike was stolen from a front porch. Police took a report for petty theft.
• 9:59 a.m. – A caller from the 17000 block of Wolf Mountain Road reported attempted burglary and vandalism to a building and gates. A vehicle appeared to be vandalized and abandoned at the site, as well. A deputy contacted the San Leandro Police Department regarding the car and took a report for burglary and vandalism.
• 10:24 a.m. Ð A man called to report his motorcycle was being repaired at a business on the 22000 block of Highway 49 and it had “gone missing,” according to the business owners. The man felt the motorcycle had been embezzled from him. A deputy took a report.
• 11:23 a.m. – A caller from a restaurant on the 10000 block of Alta Sierra Drive reported a couch was stolen from the business the previous night. A deputy took a report for grand theft.
• 2:38 p.m. – A caller reported suspicious activity at a bus stop on Highway 49 at Norambagua Way. A man with short hair and mustache in a dark, four-door sedan was calling to several girls who got off the bus. When the girls left, the man drove away. A second caller reported the same thing; however, a green pickup truck was involved. A third caller reported the vehicle involved was a green Chevrolet Suburban. A deputy would interview all witnesses and take a report.
• 8:23 a.m. – A caller requested police check on a woman who lives in an upstairs unit on the 500 block of Broad Street. The woman is bi-polar and paranoid, and she had a loaded firearm in the house. She also had a history of public drunkenness. The woman told the caller she kept the firearm as protection against “the FBI and other agencies.” Police checked on the woman, and she was fine.
• 4:32 p.m. Ð A woman reported several pieces of jewelry were stolen from her unlocked car sometime the day before at a federal building on the 200 block of Coyote Street. An officer took a report.
• 8:14 p.m. Ð A caller from the 300 block of Broad Street reported a man was kicking the doors of City Hall. The man was wearing a camouflage jacket. Police contacted the man, who was moving on.
• 9:27 p.m. Ð A caller from Zion Street reported a man was lying on the ground near a recycling center. Police arrested the man on suspicion of public drunkenness.
– Robyn Moormeister
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
“There is a cult of ignorance in this country … nurtured by the false notion that ‘my ignorance is as good as your knowledge.'” — Isaac Asimov, 1980.