• At 9:25 a.m., a caller from the 200 block of South Church Street reported a vehicle was spray painted. Police took a report.
• At 12:41 p.m., police arrested a woman at a hotel on the 900 block of Sutton Way on suspicion of public drunkenness.
• 1:06 p.m., a woman called from a library on the 200 block of Mill Street to report a student has been removing money from her purse. She wanted an officer to talk to him at 4:30 p.m. today. An officer would assist the woman.
• At 2:34 p.m., police arrested a 19-year-old man at a grocery store parking lot on the 100 block of Neal Street on suspicion of violation of probation.
• At 5:16 p.m., police arrested a juvenile girl at a grocery store parking lot on the 100 block of Neal Street. She was booked into Juvenile Hall.
• At 6:05 p.m., a caller from a business on the 100 block of Neal Street reported six loiterers in a parking lot.
• At 9:18 p.m., a woman called from the 100 block of West Empire Street to report a man had been violent and she wanted him removed from the property. She said they both live at the residence. Police contacted the couple, and the woman was extremely intoxicated. They did not have a history of violence. The man would leave for the night.
• At 9:24 p.m., a caller from the 400 block of Marshall Street reported a fight involving six people. Police arrested a 20-year-old man on suspicion of burglary, possession of stolen property and possession of burglary tools.
• At 1:42 a.m., a person ran away from an overturned vehicle on Ridge Road at Alta Street. There were no other passengers in the vehicle and the CHP was notified.
• At 6:21 a.m., police contacted a woman on the 300 block of Bennett Street for a possible assault. The woman had the same bruises as in previous booking photos. Police determined no assault had occurred.
• At 6:49 a.m., a caller from a business on the 400 block of Colfax Avenue reported a burglary. Someone had gone into the safe. Police took a report for burglary.
• At 5:33 p.m., a caller from the 12000 block of Spanish Lane reported three juveniles broke into the neighbor’s rental property and they took the spare key. When the caller confronted the juveniles, they left their bikes on scene and the caller was holding them. Deputies took a report for burglary.
• At 5:39 p.m., a caller from Orchard Springs Campground reported several juveniles on a sandbar were drinking alcohol. Deputies checked the area and were unable to locate the juveniles.
• At 5:51 p.m., a caller from Allison Ranch Road reported an injured dog was in a ditch, and it had been there for two to three days. Animal Control retrieved the dog.
• At 5:58 p.m., a caller from the 13000 block of Hidden Valley Road reported a burglary with entry through the kitchen window. Deputies took a report for burglary.
• At 7:37 p.m., a woman called from the 15000 block of Longpoint Road to report her husband had a .25 caliber handgun. He was threatening suicide and had already fired one shot. He left the house and was walking uphill with his handgun. Law enforcement was advised to be on the lookout for the man.
• At 4:01 a.m., a caller from the hospital reported a man was in the emergency room with cuts from several people he said assaulted him in Penn Valley at a gas station. A deputy took a report for robbery and assault. Yuba County law enforcement was advised to be on the lookout for the suspects. They were last seen headed toward Yuba County in a white Chevrolet Caprice Classic with gold rims.
• At 5:06 p.m., a caller from the 300 block of Sacramento Street reported an assault occurred regarding a road-rage incident on the freeway and the CHP handled the call.
• At 5:17 p.m., a man called from the 700 block of Zion Street to report an employee’s husband was possibly selling illegal mattresses. The caller was afraid the mattress sales were illegal transactions and the mattresses were coming from a Grass Valley mattress store. The caller said he could not wait for an officer to contact him and he would call back tomorrow.
• At 6:02 p.m., a caller from the 200 block of Commercial Street reported a man was violating a restraining order. Police arrested a 51-year-old man on suspicion of violation of a court order.
– Robyn Moormeister
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User