• At 12:49 p.m., a caller reported a white van and a white truck were involved in an accident on Highway 49 near Brunswick Road. The California Highway Patrol was advised.
• At 1:18 p.m., a caller from the 300 block of Second Street reported tenants had been given an eviction notice and were harassing the downstairs tenant by jumping on the floor, etc.
• At 4:07 p.m., a caller from the 400 block of Colfax Avenue reported clients from a homeless shelter had been sitting on a sidewalk in front of a business for three hours.
• At 4:28 p.m., a caller form the 1400 block of Segsworth Street reported a man had been walking around in boxers with his genitals hanging out. The man had been seen doing this on numerous occasions.
• At 6:11 p.m., police assisted a person on the 600 block of East Main Street who was locked out of a light blue Toyota Camry.
• At 7:49 p.m., a caller from French Avenue reported a large tree was down across the roadway. Police assisted the fire department in removing the tree.
• At 9:43 p.m., a caller from Scandling Street reported an 8-foot section of fence blew down on vehicles.
• At 9:59 p.m., an alarm went off on the 800 block of East Main Street. The wind had broken glass in several windows on the building.
• At 10:16 p.m., police assisted two disabled vehicles in standing water at the Empire offramp of northbound Highway 49. Police closed lanes while Caltrans cleared flooding.
• At 10:39 p.m., a caller from Jenkins Street reported power lines were down. The power lines were safe and information was given to Pacific Bell.
• At 2:45 a.m., a caller reported a tree was down across both lanes of southbound Highway 49 past Empire Street. The roadway was cleared by police, Caltrans, CHP and NCSO.
• At 8:52 a.m., a caller from South Church Street at Dalton Street reported a fence fell onto the roadway.
• At 1:15 p.m., a caller from the 13000 block of Laws Ranch Cross Road reported possible identity theft.
• At 3:31 p.m., a deputy took a report for the possible theft of firewood and gas from a property on the 19000 block of Cruzon Grade Road.
• At 6:04 p.m., a caller from the 18000 block of Gopher Lane thought he might have been shot in the head. Then he said something might have flown off of his air compressor and hit him in the head. Hospital staff would do an examination and would contact the sheriff’s office if they found anything suspicious.
• At 7:40 p.m., a caller from the 10000 block of Walker Drive reported someone was outside banging on the walls and had a large machete.
• At 1 a.m., a caller from 12000 block of Red Dog Road reported a tree went through a house. The caller said his mother was in the house and she was fine but was breathing heavily.
• At 9:02 a.m., a caller from the 19000 block of New Rome Road reported a deer was caught in a fence. Nevada County Animal Control was notified.
• At 10:42 a.m., a caller from McCourtney Road reported a car was in a ditch near Indian Springs Road. The California highway Patrol was advised.
• At 10:17 a.m., a caller from the 200 block of Commercial Street reported a flooding problem.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User