• At 11:49 a.m., a caller reported alleged drug activity taking place in a motor home parked in the 100 block of West McKnight Way.
• At 12:42 p.m., police cited and released a 48-year-old woman who allegedly had been caught shoplifting at the Kmart Store.
• At 1:05 p.m., a woman reported she was assaulted on the Gold Country Stage earlier in the day by another woman she knows.
• At 3:30 p.m., police arrested a 30-year-old man for public drunkenness in a parking lot in the 100 block of Neal Street.
• At 3:59 p.m., a caller reported a house on the 600 block of Packard Drive had been vandalized with spray paint.
• At 5:26 p.m., a caller from a business on Mill Street reported a man was harassing customers. Police asked him to stop.
• At 5:45 p.m., police cited a youth and released him to his parents. The boy was made to apologize to people whose houses he had egged several months ago. The Nevada County Sheriff’s Office was notified he also had been seen throwing rocks at cars in the county.
• At 11:20 p.m., police arrested a 20-year-old man in the Berryhill area. He was booked into Wayne Brown Correctional Facility on suspicion of drug possession, being under the influence and bringing drugs into the jail.
• At 11:14 a.m., a caller from the 100 block of Mill Street reported panhandlers in front of the store. Police asked the two men to move on.
• At 2:24 p.m., a caller from Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital reported a 52-year-old woman who had ingested alcohol and unknown items had left the emergency room. Police found her on East Main Street and gave her a ride home to her mother’s house nearby.
• At 3:28 p.m., a woman from the 500 block of Ivy Street reported she had been threatened by her ex-husband, a 47-year-old man who also allegedly assaulted her son in December.
• At 4:48 p.m., the manager of Tall Pines Mobile Home Park on Highway 49 reported people had been seen trying to get into locked homes and vehicles on the property, mostly on Friday and Saturday nights. The manager asked for extra patrols on those nights.
• At 5:49 p.m., a caller from Bolinas Way reported continuous problems with a neighbor who is trying to build a church on the property, attracting many cars that park on the street.
• At 6:59 a.m., an employee of the Golden Chain motel on Highway 49 reported a guest who was in the office making threats in order to receive a refund.
• At 8:42 a.m., a woman from the 10600 block of Silver Way reported her daughter had left suspicious packages at the residence.
• At 10:09 a.m., a report was taken regarding an alleged assault at the Milhous School on Highway 49.
• At 11 a.m., a man from the 16700 block of George Way reported trespassers were cutting wood on his property.
• At 12:40 p.m., a man from the 10600 block of Spenceville Road reported two men took horses off his property. A deputy found there was a dispute over ownership of the animals.
• At 12:45 p.m., a caller reported youths behind Williams Ranch School on Pleasant Valley Road who had taken school property to make skateboarding ramps.
• At 2:02 p.m., a woman from Record Connection reported a man was trying to sell DVDs to the store, and that she suspected the DVDs may have been stolen.
• At 12:58 p.m., caller from Hollow Way reported a person with a tanker truck that had no identifying markers was dumping something into the sewer. Police found the person had a contract with Nevada City Public Works.
• At 1:53 p.m., a caller reported two or three people in a black sedan playing loud music at the end of the jail near the minimum security area, allegedly in an attempt to communicate with inmates.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User