Police blotter 10/26/07
• 10:30 a.m. – A woman called to report she found a mower she had reported stolen on the 100 block of Idaho-Maryland Road. Police contacted the woman and took a report.
• 3:18 p.m. – A woman from the 100 block of Highland Court reported a 26-year-old man has made threats to kill her, and he was attempting to purchase a gun. Police contacted the woman and determined the threats against her were heard by another person. The woman and her family were advised of the restraining order process, and police told her to contact them if she is contacted by the man in the future.
• 4:16 p.m. – A woman from the 100 block of Mallard Drive reported a man with an Indian accent called and said he was an FBI agent and he was going to arrest her for dealing cocaine. Police contacted the woman and determined no crime had occurred.
• 5:12 p.m. – A caller from a store on the 100 block of Neal Street reported a man took some beer and a customer stopped him, so he returned the beer to the store. The man was sitting in a gray Caprice and was not leaving the parking lot. Police contacted the 19-year-old man and arrested him on a local warrant.
• 10:11 p.m. – A caller from Olympic Park Road and Sutton Way reported a bearded man wearing glasses was hanging a bag up on an optometrist’s sign and talking about doing something to the business at 9 a.m. Thursday. Police contacted the 59-year-old man and arrested him on suspicion of drunken driving.
• 11:43 p.m. – Police stopped a car on the 1000 block of East Main Street and arrested the female passenger on suspicion of being under the influence of a controlled substance and possessing drug paraphernalia.
• 1:48 a.m. – Police stopped a vehicle on East Main Street and arrested a 23-year-old woman on suspicion of drunken driving. Police also arrested a 20-year-old woman on suspicion of public drunkenness. Their car was towed.
• 12:19 p.m. – A caller from the 12000 block of Loma Rica Drive reported two men with bald heads were going in and out of the bushes, taking off their clothes. Deputies determined the men were waiting for the bus with their shirts off.
• 12:45 p.m. – A man called from the 10000 block of Skyview Drive to report his tenant tried to assault him. A deputy took a report.
• 1:31 p.m. – A caller from the courthouse reported a person was verbally hostile toward court and security staff. The caller wanted a log entry.
• 5:30 p.m. – A woman called from the 10000 block of King Way to report that she found a shotgun shell in her mailbox, and that she believed it was a threat from her neighbor.
• 5:52 p.m. – A caller from the 10000 block of Combie Road reported a man and a woman were fighting in a parking lot. A deputy took a report for battery and transported the man to Placer County.
• 9:44 p.m. – A woman from the 11000 block of Northview Drive reported a person came to her house to sell a household cleaner. The woman gave the person a check for $125, but the person left without handing over the cleaner. The woman said she stopped payment on the check and she would call back if she received the cleaner.
• 1:46 a.m. – A caller reported a vehicle went into a ditch on Annie Drive. A Nevada Irrigation District sign was damaged.
• 9:50 a.m. – Police arrested a person on the 300 block of Sacramento Street on a local warrant.
– Robyn Moormeister
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User
On May 29, I watched Nevada City’s amazing caretaker Miriam Morris starting to paint a river on Commercial Street’s pavement. Well-planted containers added to the beautification finally coming to a street that had been dug…