• At 3:06 p.m., a Nevada County Sheriff’s deputy reported a newer black Jeep Cherokee broken down in a dirt turnout, along with another vehicle over an embankment on Sutton Way at Dorsey Drive. The vehicles were not a traffic hazard. One was trying to help get the Jeep out.
• At 3:28 p.m., a caller from South Auburn Street and Main Street reported a traffic light was not working. Grass Valley Public Works was advised.
• At 3:58 p.m., a woman called from the 400 block of French Avenue to report that a plastic container was on her doorstep, and it contained her open mail. Police took a report.
• At 6:08 p.m., a caller from the 100 block of Ophir Street reported a box containing feces left on the doorstep. Police made contact.
• At 8:09 p.m., a caller from the 200 block of East Main reported that a dark-haired, 21-year-old woman threw a drink on another patron at a restaurant. The victim did not want to press charges.
• At 8:24 p.m., police responded to a 911 hang-up on the 200 block of Dorsey Drive and arrested a 24-year-old man for warrants out of Sacramento.
• At 8:55 p.m., a man called to report he went to buy gas at a station on East Main Street and nobody was inside or around the business. Police contacted an employee at the station, who was inside the walk-in cooler and did not hear the doorbell.
• At 4:24 a.m., police arrested a 27-year-old woman at a gas station in the 1000 block of Plaza Drive for a warrant out of Orange County.
• At 3:42 p.m., a caller from the 25000 block of Long Court reported that someone entered the residence, broke all the drinking glasses and carved obscenities in the living room wall.
• At 4:17 p.m., a caller requested a case number for an incident involving possession of an alcoholic beverage by a minor.
• At 11:19 p.m., a caller from the 12000 block of Nevada City Highway reported a patron was sleeping. The caller requested assistance in moving him. Deputies arrested the 30-year-old unemployed man for being drunk in public.
• At 3 a.m., a caller from a gas station in Penn Valley reported that two women and one man stole beer and fled in a red Toyota Camry. Deputies wrote a report for shoplifting.
• At 7:19 p.m., a caller from a restaurant on the 100 block of Pine Street reported that a man was in the bar dancing. The caller wanted Nevada City police to ask him to leave.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User