Money available to fight yellow starthistle |

Money available to fight yellow starthistle

Funds of up $7,500 are available from the Nevada/Placer Weed Management Area to help with chemical control of yellow starthistle, an invasive weed found in pastures and rangeland.

Yellow starthistle can be controlled with chemicals from January to the middle of March. For more information, call the Nevada County Agriculture Department, 255 S. Auburn St., at 273-2648.

Support Local Journalism

Support Local Journalism

Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.


Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User