Nevada City City Council
7 p.m. today
317 Broad St.
– Presentation on Sierra College’s Strategic Plan and direct impacts on Nevada County Campus and community.
– Clarification of ordinance regarding City Planner’s authority.
– Discussion and review of Nevada County Housing Element.
Nevada County Board of Supervisors
10:30 a.m. Tuesday,
Eric Rood Administrative Center
950 Maidu Ave., Nevada City.
– Resolution proclaiming Jan. 25 through Jan. 31 as Toastmasters Week in Nevada County.
– 11 a.m. – Presentation of Service Pin Awards for 143 County employees.
– 1:45 p.m. – Public hearing on adoption of a revised Nondisposal Facility Element to implement local Source Reduction and Recycling Elements.
– 2:30 p.m. – Ordinance amending and repealing Lake of the Pines boating regulations fully regulating time-of-day restrictions, speed zones and special use areas of Lake of the Pines.
Grass Valley City Council
7 p.m. Tuesday
Council Chambers Grass Valley
City Hall lower level
125 East Main St.
– Sierra College’s $394 Million Bond Measure, presentation by Dr. Tina Ludutsky-Taylor, Nevada County provost.
– Appointment of Carol Fish as the city’s new director of finance. Authorize execution of a three-year employment agreement.
– Require that future appointees of Planning Commission be residents of the City of Grass Valley or its sphere of influence.
– Follow-up on the transfer of the Public Access TV Station (Channel 11) to Nevada County Superintendent of Schools. Appoint council member Tassone to serve as the city’s representative to the Public Access Advisory Board; authorize written notice being given to FCAT terminating its public access agreement and execution of an agreement with superintendent of schools to operate Public Access Channel 11 effective March 1, 2004.
– Acquisition of vacant property at 133 S. Auburn for hotel development on Bank Street.
Chicago Park School District
6:15 p.m. Thursday
Chicago Park School Library
15725 Mt. Olive Road
– Possible approval of library improvement plan.
– Discussion and possible approval of amended contract for superintendent/principal.
Support Local Journalism
Support Local Journalism
Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.
Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.
Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.
Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.
User Legend: Moderator Trusted User