Valerie Kack: Protect a woman’s right to choose abortion
March 11, 2019
I want to publicly thank Lynn Wenzel for her very well-written Other Voices about the very difficult decision women must sometimes make.
Abortion is never an easy decision, nor is it easily forgotten, self-forgiven or a cavalier way to manage a lack of birth control (as some have accused in the past). Women have already fought for and spoken, and been granted a constitutional amendment to protect their right to have these kinds of decisions made between a woman and her doctor.
If you don't want an abortion don't do it.
Thank you for speaking for those of us who know what it was like before it was made legal — butchery, trauma, dangerously lethal. I don't care what religion you practice, it is not up to you to tell anyone what to do with their medical decisions.
Where are men in all this?
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- Suspect in Grass Valley baby formula thefts ID’d
- Voters: Political mailer supporting Dahle for state Senate ‘incredibly deceptive’
- Suspect in Grass Valley vehicle break-in sentenced to prison
- Defendant in Grass Valley gun incident sentenced
- Driver charged with vehicular manslaughter after women dies in crash on Highway 49 in Grass Valley