Tom Durkin: Transportation misinformation
March 7, 2018
That was the answer I got from Gold Country Stage when the bus drove right past me at the Alta Sierra bus stop at 8:17 a.m. on Feb. 21.
When I called the general manager/supervisor (whose name I did not get), he said it was "unfortunate" that I didn't know I was supposed to be at the Alta Sierra Drive and Johnson Place bus stop if I wanted to catch the bus to Auburn.
There is no Alta Sierra Drive and Johnson Place bus stop listed on the bus schedule! Both the Grass Valley-to-Auburn and Auburn-to-Grass Valley bus stops for Alta Sierra are listed as Alta Sierra Drive and Little Valley Road.
When I pointed that out, he just kept telling me "it's unfortunate" that I didn't know about the secret bus stop. I'm 70 years old. I have spinal stenosis, sciatica and a shattered vertebra. It was a long, painful and "unfortunate" walk back home.
There was no admission that the schedule is wrong, no apology, no offer to make things right. After he said "it's unfortunate" about the fourth time, I hung up with an obscenity that can't be printed in a family newspaper.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Letters
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- Gray wolf OR-54’s return to Nevada County part of ‘dispersal’ activity
- Governor talks wildfire preparedness, rural broadband in Grass Valley
- Nevada County authorities ID fatal stabbing victim
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s