Suzie James: Hilary Hodge is not ready to be Nevada County supervisor
May 11, 2018
At a recent forum at the Sierra Pines Mobile Home Park, Hilary Hodge threw Measure E under the bus by providing a completely erroneous explanation of Measure E funding, stating that the monies would "go to balance the City of Grass Valley's budget."
This is a grievous error, as tax measure monies can be used only for the purposes for which they were raised — in this case, fire, police, roads, and parks. They cannot be used to balance the city's budget. A seasoned candidate would admit they did not know the answer to the question, rather than make something up.
At a recent League of Women Voters forum, when asked questions about housing, mental health, community services, zoning ordinances, and budgets, it was again clear that she had a lack of knowledge of what is needed to solve the challenges in our community.
Hilary Hodge is not ready to be a county supervisor. Dan Miller has worked hard to serve this community for 27 years. We need someone that has walked the walk, not someone who just talks the talk. I strongly urge you to vote for Dan Miller for District 3 supervisor.
Trending In: Letters
- UPDATED: Fire units on scene at structure fire on Mill Street in Grass Valley
- All Thai’d up: After a year of preparation, Chandara Thai opens in Grass Valley
- North San Juan resident arrested in Nebraska pot bust takes plea
- Nevada County Fair board ousts CEO Rea Callender
- Bear River High School taps Lyman Gilmore’s Roberts as new principal