Students: don’t give up
April 1, 2018
My heart is filled with hope today.
Hope that this newest generation of citizens are courageous enough to speak truth to the most powerful. Just please remember that real change doesn't happen with one demonstration.
It took 145 years for women to legally get the right to vote. It took 90 years to abolish slavery. It took more than 100 years to even begin creating equality in schooling.
Nearly a decade of protests finally brought about the end to the Vietnam war. It may take years, though I hope not, to gain sane gun law reform. Don't give up, students of this awesome country. You are our future. Be diligent. Be peaceful. Be blessed.
Trending In: Letters
- High-speed chase through Nevada County ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- Farewell, sole man: Owner of Dave’s Shoe Repair dead at 82
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- A helping hand: Where and how to donate to Camp Fire victims