Simon Gates: Judge and jury
November 19, 2018
Ginny Kirkley's letter of Nov. 14 completely missed my point and with her words reinforced my position.
As a member of a jury, it is the juror's responsibility to enter the court with an open mind and make a decision as a result of the information provided. If there is a reasonable doubt regarding the accusations made, then it is the duty of the juror to presume innocence.
With regard to Judge Kavanaugh, I do not know the facts so I can not pass judgment. I am quite sure that she also does not know the facts and, yet, appears to have assumed innocence based upon who he is.
She may be 100 percent correct, but that assumption is not based upon factual information.
Trending In: Letters
- Disappearance of Nevada County man turns into homicide investigation
- Nevada County missing man case: Signs of violent struggle found
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman reports boyfriend won’t listen to her
- Grass Valley police: Penn Valley man faces more charges after threatening hospital staff
- Grass Valley man sues Nevada County, Sheriff’s Office, over leg broken at jail