Ron Lowe: Trump’s ‘patriarchy’ is petty, cruel and impulsive
August 28, 2018
Donald Trump called former employee Omarosa Manigault Newman a "low life." It takes one to know one, Donald. But the world is changing.
The strutting, bullying figure of Donald Trump represents the beginning of the end of male dominance, and he's bringing the patriarchy crashing down around him.
What is the patriarchy? The patriarchy is the domination of women by men. When men still ruled the world, the individuals we called "manly" were tall, muscular, quietly patriotic, and kindhearted. Trump, in his desperation to look masculine, is cruel, petty, and impulsive. During his campaign his wife, Melania, gave an interview to CNN. The sound bite was: "Sometimes I say I have two boys at home — I have a young son, and I have my husband." Right on.
Trending In: Letters
- Nevada County authorities haven’t yet ID’d burned body
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Grass Valley man sentenced to five years for unlawfully manufacturing ghost guns
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- PREP FOOTBALL: Miners shutout Fairfield for 3rd win in a row (PHOTO GALLERY/VIDEO)